FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - October 18, 2022
Idaho dominates in new good government, economic rankings
Boise, Idaho – Governor Brad Little commented today on news that Idaho dominated numerous recent rankings of states for economic growth, fiscal responsibility, and overall good government.
“As Washington, D.C., and our ‘Left Coast’ neighbor states continue drive government into the ground and degrade public confidence, Idaho has a very different story to tell. Idaho sets the example for the rest of the country to follow, even amid historic inflation. In Idaho, we stand up for limited government and responsible strategic investments where they count, and our approach works. The proof is in the performance,” Governor Little said.
NEW recent rankings for Idaho include:
- Idaho #1 state for economic momentum – Idaho claimed the top ranking in the Index of State Economic Momentum from State Policy Reports. The index ranks states based on their most recent performance in three key measures of economic vitality – personal income growth, employment growth, and population growth. (link)
- Idaho #1 top growing state driven by tax policy – The Tax Foundation ranks Idaho first for net gain of residents from interstate migration, noting, “The latest IRS and Census data show that people and businesses favor states with low and structurally sound tax systems, which can impact the state’s economic growth and governmental coffers.” (link)
- Idaho #1 state for tax revenue growth during the pandemic – The Pew Charitable Trusts placed Idaho first in tax revenue growth (16-percent) during the pandemic above its pre-COVID trajectory, the highest of all states. (link)
- Idaho #3 state prepared to withstand economic stress – The latest Moody’s Analytics state stress tests places Idaho at third place, only trailing behind two other states with oil reserves. The paper estimates the amount of fiscal stress applied to state budgets under a likely next recession scenario and compares that stress with the amount of money states have set aside in reserve. (link)
- Idaho top state for income equality – “Among the most conservative states in America, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota excelled by most measures” in an analysis of income equality among states. (link)
- Gov. Little #4 on Fiscal Policy Report Card on America’s Governors – The latest report from the CATO Institute grades governors on their fiscal policies from a limited‐government perspective. Governors receiving an A are those who have cut taxes and spending the most, whereas governors receiving an F have increased taxes and spending the most. Gov. Little nabbed the #4 spot on the list. (link)
- Gov. Little #8 Most Popular Governor in the United States – Morning Consult, a global data and analytics company, ranked America’s governors by popularity, and Gov. Little took the #8 spot. (link)
# # #