Happy New Year from SBA! For small businesses across America, 2020 was one of the most challenging years in history. SBA has your back in 2021 and beyond with resources that can help you start, grow, expand, or recover your business.
- Pandemic Relief Assistance is Coming Soon. More funding is coming for PPP Loans, EIDL Grants, Special Grants for Live Venue Operators and More! You many qualify under new guidelines soon to be released. Help is on the way due to recently enacted legislation regarding SBA funding programs, but it will take a little more time to be rolled out. Once guidance is received, SBA's Boise District Office and other offices across the country will hold informational webinars to assist you in learning all about these additional funding opportunities. Touch base with your banker and CPA to be prepared when the application is released.
- SBA announced that the deadline to apply for a COVID-19 pandemic Economic Injury Disaster Loan has been extended to December 31, 2021. All eligible small businesses and nonprofits are encouraged to apply. Learn more and apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- The Idaho Small Business Development Center will be offering a free, statewide webinar to provide an update on the New Stimulus Package: "Covid-19 Capital Options for Small Businesses" on January 14th at 2 p.m. MT REGISTER HERE
- The Idaho Dept. of Commerce and the Idaho State Dept. of Agriculture are organizing the first ever Governor’s Virtual Trade Mission to Mexico in April 2021.The trade mission comes at a very low cost of $300 per company and is open to all Idaho companies of any industry. However, space will be limited. As always, the main goal of the trade mission is to help Idaho companies increase or start their export sales into the international market the trade mission is focusing on – in this case, Mexico. In order to vet the current state of the Mexico market and opportunities for companies, a free “Why Mexico Now” webinar will be offered on January 16, 2021.
- SBA District Virtual Trainings for January
Better Business Bureau Back to Business Online Events (trust-bbb.org)
The Impact of Trust-Building Credibility and Advertising Honestly– January 6
Cybersecurity Basics for Business - January 13
Mitigating Miscommunication with Customers - January 20
Back to Business – The Power of Pivoting – January 27
State Tax Commission Register for a Tax Class - Idaho State Tax Commission
Tax and Business Basics 101 for Self-Employed – January 7
Tax and Business Basics 10 1 for Small Business – January 14
Strengthening Your Business – January 26/27
Doing Business with the Government – January 26; Register